Sunday, July 29, 2012

Hear Ye! Hear Ye! The Olde Duchess Begins in Sport

The Duchess of Hagg has Begun Lessons in the Sport of Agility at the Ripe Ol' Age of  9 1/2 (That's approximately the human age of 70)


"After all.....If the old Queen can jump from the Heli into the Opening Ceremonies of the 2012 Olympics, why can't I begin sporting lessons?"

by Nessie the Monster, Duchess of Hagg

1953 Coronation of Elizabeth II
Parachuting into the Opening Ceremonies

Where the bloody hell is that Duchess of Hagg and those Chamberlains?
I do hope they are bloody where they are supposed to be.  I can nevah evah trust them.  Probably off playing some sport and not attending to her proper duties.   Humph.



As I promised you some time ago, I had my Royal photographer come to my sporting club to take pictures of my skill while I learn this fabulous sport.  I am not able to do quite everything yet, but with enough practice, I am confident.  After all, that old bat the Queen, having really loosened up finally after all these years, just jumped from a heli to the Olympics opening ceremony.  Who knew she had that in her, the old codger.  She's Eighty-Bloody-Six you know!


So with that in mind, I keep practicing.  I am sure that I will surpass m'Chamberlains soon even though they have quite a head start on me.  And while they have their youth, I have more brains.  I will certainly exceed in this sport.  So without further ado,  I give you my pictures.  I must say, I'm having a blast and feel quite younger than I ever have!



                            
                           I can go to the box and sit or lay down.

 
I am learning to walk on low wooden planks and touch the contact.
Eventually, I will walk the dog walk which is higher, of course.


I can jump several jumps in a row and go to the box or table and sit.




And I can do the mini teeter totter and wait on the contact.


Agility is a blast and I don't know what took me so long to get into it.
I do believe it's making me a younger dog.  Plus, I get lots of praise and treats!  Nothing better for a Duchess!

1 comment:

Matilda the Boxer said...

That looks very exciting! I always laugh when people say they want a younger dog that they can train. Older dogs can learn anything, and they're usually much calmer about it too!