Saturday, April 28, 2012

Weave Poles 101

The Guardian of the Royal Palace
 Has
Given Us a Royal Present

Yipee!  by Lady McKenzie

It is so difficult to stave off the boredom and drudgery of our everyday life at the Palace.  Sure, there is the school that we attend where we receive our continuing education at least 3 times per week.  And there are the wonderful  bike rides and long afternoon walks.  There are the regular games in the back of the Palace where flying discs and balls fill the air and we get to practice our catching techniques.    And there are the great times, like last Saturday, when I went on an expedition.  
2012 Tulsa Boxer Rescue Bark Walk
(There was a day in the Park dedicated to all the homeless Boxers of Tulsa and it was my Royal Duty to go out and support them.  I took some of them on bike rides and I think I did a lot to lift their spirits).  Then there are the times when we are left out with the Royal Gardener and we are allowed to play our own games while she toils away in the sun bringing beauty to the Royal Gardens.  But seriously, all of this put together only fills up about 5 to 6 hours in the day!  The rest of the time, we have to manage the running of the household for that old bat, Nessie the Monster.  I don't know how she ever got to be a Duchess.  She's really a grump and is always demanding that we get up and wiggle our butts (Oh dear! Pardon my French!) and get busy doing work.  I think I should be the Duchess!  I'd sure tell her!
As the eldest and the Duchess, I tend to be a disciplinarian.  Well, someone has to do it!  Those Chamberlains get away with absolute nonsense!  Ah...  Sometimes I wonder if it's all worth it.....
Well, at any rate, she does keep us in wonderful gifts on the odd occasion.  And today was just one of those days!  And what a wonderful gift it was!  Both Lord Malcolm and I did not hesitate to go and take advantage of it.



Do you see!?!  Do you see?????  Weave Poles!  And really nice ones, too!  Just look at the fun Lord Malcolm and I were having!  It took us a couple of minutes to get used to them because they are not just like the ones we have been learning on in school.  They smelled like one particular dog that we didn't know and they are a bit closer together than normal.  Usually, they are 24 inches apart and these are an older model at 22 " (that ol' bat, the Duchess must have gotten a good deal on used ones or something).  But it really doesn't matter to us because these weave poles still give out the same kind of good treats every time we go through them that the ones at school do.  So,.....it's all good!  :)


Lord Malcolm





Me!  Lady McKenzie

Well I hope you get to do weave poles someday!  It's really quite exhilarating!
Thank you to the ol' bat for ordering these for us!  Okay.  Okay.  I'll learn my manners, eventually.  It's just that me stomach still hurts a wee bit from eating my leash......I don't know why Malcolm showed me how to do that!..........Really.  He must get a grip on what is good to eat and what isn't.  I think, now, that leashes aren't good.







1 comment:

Matilda the Boxer said...

How fun! Momma keeps talking about getting me some weave poles. She loves watching dogs run through them, and it looks like a lot of fun to me!